Sleep Support Chats and Consultations
90 minute in-depth Skype or FaceTime consultation
- Time to talk about through your concerns and for investigation;
- Gain clarity and understanding of the possible underlying influences on sleep disturbances and behaviors;
- Time for in-depth discussion of the assessment that will support understanding of the appropriate way forward; .
- This option is also ideal for toddler/preschooler behavioural difficulties.
- After the 1st 90 minute consultation, follow up support is offered in shorter chats (30 / 45 / 60 minutes).
- The consultation fee includes a email review of the consultation including specific review of the assessment and suggested steps forward as well as links, articles and handouts.
- Families with 2 or more sleepless babies or children will require a 90 minute consultation, and its likely that a further 1 hour consultation will be required to address both children; I can occasionally offer a 2 hour consultation, please contact me for availability.
I send an overview of the consultation by email, however my support does not include detailed sleep plans or email support; my approach is usually progressive based on baby/child's progression, and a series of support chats is often powerful in supporting the resolution of tricky sleep issues and problematic behaviors.
Referrals to other therapists:
My approach is holistic based on prenatal and perinatal psychology and health, therefore my work is not based on behavioural sleep training; therefore, if there is a need I will suggest a referral to other therapists to ensure all underlying factors influencing sleep are addressed. Think of this process as similar to a GP doctor in that they will refer out to specialists to ensure the best possible treatment and care for their patients.
I will only talk with parents by phone under valid and exceptional circumstances;
Face to face skype/FaceTime consultations & chats are much more effective because visual connection aids overall communication and understanding of approaches, theories and concepts - remember, this approach is not sleep "training" so not based specially on timings, schedules, behavioural techniques - we dig deep!
Restrictions on support: USA/Canada/UAE:
I am unable to provide support to families in USA and North America/Canada due to limitations and restriction on my professional indemnity insurance.
I am also unable to provide support for families in countries where the use of Skype and FaceTime are illegal, at the moment this includes all Middle East countries such as UAE and Qatar, as well as China.
Skype or FaceTime Follow up support chats:
£50 1 hour support
Follow up support chats are offered after the initial consultation depending on need and the specific situation; while some sleep / behavior situations resolve after 1 consultation, some families may need more of course - I don't guarantee "quick fixes" because I really don't know what is underlying any sleep or behavioral difficulty, and will not make assumptions about how quickly they will resolve.
(Read about why I won't make assumptions about children's sleep!).
Support chats range from 15 minutes, to 30, 45, 60 mins, sometimes longer, depending on need.
Support chats are also available for previous client families to discuss transitions, or to troubleshoot, however, if a further sleep disturbance has manifested over time, I will suggest an in-depth consultation to provide time for a investigation.
Terms and conditions and Disclaimer:
Terms and conditions apply;
Home visits: I rarely make home visits unless they are local, within the New Forest area, travel time and costs apply.
I am not medically trained, and I am not a lactation consultant or Breastfeeding counsellor.
Parents must ensure their child is healthy and well before embarking on sleep work.
I do not advise; it is parents choice to undertake or follow through any suggestions I may make in relation to their child's sleep.
The child's health remains the parent's responsibility throughout sleep work.
It is the parents responsibility to seek medical advice if their child becomes unwell during the course of sleep work.